A standard deck of 52 cards is used to play a Teen Patti game, and cards are ranked in the usual order from ace (high) down to two (low). Any reasonable number of players can play Teen Patti – preferably 4 to 7 players.
Before playing a Teen Patti game the value of the minimum stake is defined. Everyone places this minimum stakes in the pot – a collection of Teen Patti chips in the centre of the table, which will be won by one of the players in the end. The dealer deals the cards one at a time until everyone has three cards. The players then bet on who has the best teen patti sequence. Each player has the option to look at their teen patti sequence before betting or to leave their cards face down on the table and play blind.
1. Trail/Trio/Three of a kind: Three cards of the same rank.
2. Pure Sequence/Pure run/Straight Flush: Three consecutive cards of the same suit.
3. Sequence/Normal Run/Straight: Three consecutive cards not all in the same suit.
4. Color/Flush: Three cards of the same suit that are not in sequence.
5. Pair/Two of a kind: Two cards of the same rank.
6. High Card: Three cards that do not belong to any of the above types.